An assortment of Logitech products covered this week, ranging from Harmony remotes to the G9x mouse. The Examiner calls the Harmony Universal Remote “a man’s best friend” and states that “you’ll never be able to live without one.” According to Maximum PC, the G9x mouse has “smooth response and power-gamer-friendly features that make the G9x mouse “the best we’ve ever tested.”
MSNBC‘s “9 Gadgets We Covet” list included our Squeezebox Boom and the diNovo Mini Keyboard is listed on Tech Republic‘s “Geek Gifts 2009.”
- Logitech Harmony remote controls; a man’s best friend – Examiner
- Geek Gifts 2009: Logitech diNovo Mini keyboard with media remote – Tech Republic
- Logitech G9x – Maximum PC
- 9 gadgets we covet – MSNBC
- Logitech Puts 360-Degree Sound into New Speaker Packages – Big Picture Big Sound
- Logitech Intros Wireless Drum Controller For Guitar Hero Line – TWICE
- A Simple Way to Stream Music – NY Times’ Gadgetwise Blog
- Crave giveaway of the week: Logitech Squeezebox Boom – CNET
So, I have one of those Harmony remotes that one can’t live without, and yeah, when it breaks it’s all tears.
Mine is out of warranty and undeniably, totally dead. I tried to contact customer service to see if I could get a good-will voucher or some discount to defray the cost of purchasing a replacement. Unfortunately, the powerless operator that I spoke with could only suggest that I pay $29 to talk to tech support to have them tell me what I already know (dead dead dead) on the chance that they would authorize some sort of voucher.
This is pretty poor customer service. I understand that Logitech doesn’t want to be sending out discount vouchers willy nilly, but it shouldn’t cost $29 to get an answer!
I loved my Harmony while it worked. But, it’s the newest piece of technology in my “media wall” and hey, it was the first thing to break! I’ve got lots of Logitech accessories on my computers that are many times older than this remote, so I know that you guys can do better.
CAN YOU DIRECT ME TO SOMEONE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE AT LOGITECH WHO CAN ACTUALLY HELP ME WITHOUT A FEE?