By Dane Kalinic // Product Specialist, Remote Control Business Unit on October 14, 2010
3 Comments + 2 Replies
Filed: Digital Home
With so many different online profiles and accounts these days, it is quite common to forget which user name or email address you used when setting up your Logitech Harmony remote. Perhaps you didn’t even set up your Harmony remote and had Best Buy’s Geek Squad do it for you, and no longer have the login information at hand. A family member or friend may have customized most things for you, but left out your favorite channels. Having the Harmony remote tell you the Login ID that was used to set it up is simple as connecting the USB cable and answering a few security questions in the Logitech Harmony Remote Software. Here are the three things you will need.
- A PC or Mac with Internet access
- The Logitech Harmony Remote Software installed on your computer, which can be downloaded by clicking here
- The USB cable that was included with your Harmony remote. Any ’5-Pin Mini-B’ USB cable will work for almost all Harmony remote controls. The Harmony 600, 650 & 700 require a ‘Micro-B’ USB cable. You may even have a spare one from most digital cameras, mp3 players or cell phones.
- Launch the Logitech Harmony Remote Software. On the login page, click on “I forgot my password“
- Select Yes for “Do you have the remote?” and click on the Next button
- Connect your Harmony remote when prompted and click on the Next button
- After communication is complete the software will display your login ID
- If you wish to reset your password continue on with answering the security questions
Be sure to check back every week for more Harmony tips and tricks and feel free to send us your comments.