By Dane Kalinic // Product Specialist, Remote Control Business Unit on May 18, 2010
11 Comments + 4 Replies
Filed: Digital Home
Want to push one ‘Skip Forward’ button and have your Harmony remote send multiple ‘Fast Forward’ commands to move through commercials on your DVR more quickly? I’ve mentioned in a previous blog post that most people do not return to the Logitech Harmony Remote Software after they initially program their Logitech Harmony remote. Here’s another Tip and Trick that will get you the most out of your Harmony remote experience.
There are times that you may wish to create your own macro, or string together a sequence of button presses into the single push of one button. You may want the ability to navigate your TV menu to enable closed captioning with a single button press, or change a sound setting in a hidden menu on your stereo receiver. You can do this by setting up a sequence on your Harmony remote. A sequence allows your Harmony remote to send up to 5 commands with one button press.
To create a sequence, follow these steps:
- Click Customize Buttons beside an Activity
- Click Add Sequence
- Give the Sequence a name
- Select the device(s) and commands that will be included in the sequence
- Click Add another Sequence to append additional sequences to the list
- Click Done
- Sequence will now appear as a selectable item in each drop down menu in the Device column
- If Sequence has been selected in the Device column, all the Sequences that have been created will appear in the Command column
- Select a Sequence
- Click Done
- Click Update Remote to download these changes into your remote
I’ve personally assisted people with setting up a sequence on their Harmony One so they can push ‘Play’ on their Home Theater Activity and their IR lights will dim when the movie starts to play, and come back on when they push ‘Pause’ or ‘Stop’. This type of advanced customization can bring a whole new level of enjoyment from your Harmony experience. Please note that this cannot be done for the Harmony 300, Harmony 900, and Harmony 1100.
Be sure to check back every week for more Harmony tips and tricks and feel free to send us your comments.