By Dane Kalinic // Product Specialist, Remote Control Business Unit on June 16, 2010
Filed: Digital Home
Do you need to use a HDMI switch to get the picture to show up on your HD TV? Do you want to control and dim your IR lights while you watch a Blu-Ray? This type of control can be easily customized on your Logitech Harmony remote using the Harmony remote control software by adding additional devices to your activities.
Here are some examples of why you might want to add an extra device to an activity on your Harmony remote. These could include control of IR lights or fireplaces, motorized IR projection screens, IR drapes or blinds, and A/V switches.
To add an additional Device to an Activity:
- Launch the Logitech Harmony Remote software and login to your account
- Click on the Activities tab on your home page
- Click on Settings for the Activity you wish to add additional devices to the activity
- Select Review the settings for this Activity and click on the Next button
- Select Yes, but I want to add more control of options and devices for this Activity and click on the Next button
- Click Add to select any additional devices that you want to use in the Activity
Pressing the “Watch a DVD” on your Harmony One remote and having your devices power on, go to the correct picture and sound input including your A/V switch is a joy to see. Having the lights dim, your projection screen drop down and the curtains close still never fails to impress me.
Be sure to check back every week for more Harmony tips and tricks and feel free to send us your comments.