5 Reasons To Use Video Collaboration Tools for Your Meetings

image (2) (1)

No More Excuses, It’s Time Technology Ruled The Meeting
Guest Post by Doug Devitre

Over and over again I hear excuses as to why sales professionals, collaborative teams, and customers are afraid to use video conferencing.

Stop and think if you have heard any of these excuses for leaving video technology out of the meeting room:

“I don’t like the way I look on camera.”
“I don’t know how to use the video camera.”
“It never seems to work right when I need it most.”

These excuses are just a way of saying you’re not ready to try something different, something that could make work life better! When it comes to technology, often times taking that risk can pay off and enhance an experience for everyone involved. Crisp video and clear sounds are here and available to you.

Here are 5 Reasons To Use Video Collaboration Tools for Your Meetings

Accommodate Many Types of Learners
Collaborating over the phone is best suited for the auditory learners, which represent less than 10% of the population.  The other 90% require visual stimulation, engagement with visuals, and visual conceptualization.  Only using the phone puts some team members in a man down position because they process information differently.

See Who is Talking
The best gift you can give someone is their undivided attention.  Over the phone it is hard to tell if someone is either multi-tasking on another project or listening intently to what you are saying.  When using video in a meeting, attendees notice facial expressions, body gestures, and eye movement which can signal true intent that is absent from teleconference conversations.

Hold Audience Interest
Rapport building accelerates when you can see who you are talking to during the conversation.  You may notice an abstract picture on the wall, recognizable books shared in common or other visual points of interest. These visual cues allow you to deliver compliments and relate to one another in a unique way that audio-only lacks.

Easily Share Visuals To Get a Point Across
Have you ever been in a meeting where participants regurgitate similar ideas over and over?  If the team is not on the same page it may be because there is a lack of concept. That’s where visuals come in.  A visual will frame ideas and allow the team to select or deselect alternatives.  You’ve heard “a picture is worth a thousand words.”  A screen share is worth a million.  Save the back and forth and add visuals to the conversation.

Connect Face-to-Face
Time pressures today don’t always allow you to hop in a car or plane to go visit someone in-person.  While face-to-face is always best, it isn’t always realistic. You can fit high quality video conferencing equipment in a small carry-on that plugs into the flat screen TV in your office or computer monitor at home.

Want to learn more? A replay of the webinar is available here.

About the Guest Author: Doug Devitre is the founder of Doug Devitre International, Inc. He was inducted into the National Association of Realtors Business Specialties Hall of Fame, awarded Entrepreneur of the Year from University of Missouri-Columbia, and bestowed the top honor of Certified Speaking Professional Designation by the National Speakers Association.  Check out his latest book Screen to Screen Selling (McGraw Hill, October 2015) http://screentoscreenselling.com/toc