Logitech Fan Caption Contest (“PROMOTION”)
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is open to people 13 years of age or older (as of date of entry) who are legal residents of the United States and any other country in which participation would be permitted under local laws and regulations. For avoidance of doubt, participants from outside the United States should check with local requirements regarding his or her eligibility prior to participation in this Promotion. The officers, directors, and employees of Logitech and its parent company, and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies (“Logitech”) and all advertising, promotion and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Promotion (collectively the “Promotion Parties”) and immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. If a prize is won by a minor, it will be awarded in the minor’s behalf to the minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign all required acknowledgements and releases.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. The Promotion begins on January 20, 2015 at 8:00AM PST and ends on February 16, 2015 11:59 PM PST (“Promotion Period”). Entries will be accepted through the Promotion Period.
3. HOW TO ENTER. If you haven’t already, you will need to create a Facebook (www.facebook.com) account and/or a Twitter (www.twitter.com) account and/or a Google+ account (www.plus.google.com) (additional terms and conditions apply). To enter, users must submit a caption by leaving a comment on the Logitech Facebook (www.facebook.com/logitech), Logitech Facebook US (www.facebook.com/logitech.us), or Logitech Google+ (https://plus.google.com/+logitech/posts) wall posts with an AnyAngle image or by responding to Logitech’s #AnyAngle #Caption Twitter messaging. Participants are also required to use the hashtag #AnyAngle in their tweet for consideration in this promotion. Your information will be used to contact you, if you are a potential winner. This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Logitech and not to Facebook.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS AND NOTIFICATION. Four (4) winners will be selected from all participants who submitted a caption, one per week over the four-week promotion period. Judges will select one winner after:
11:59 PM PST on January 26, 2015
11:59 PM PST on February 2, 2015
11:59 PM PST on February 9, 2015
11:59 PM PST on February 16, 2015
Notification: Potential Winner(s) will be notified by Logitech or its designated agency via the email provided in the entry form and must respond within a 24-hour time period from the date and time stamp the message was sent from Logitech or its designated agency. If your reply is not received within the time requested, the prize will be deemed as undeliverable and will result in forfeiture. Logitech will randomly select an alternate Winner. Potential Winner(s) who reside in Canada must also correctly answer a time-limited mathematical question that shall be administered during email communications with Logitech. Winner(s) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Waiver and Publicity Release. Prize will be awarded within forty-five days after the Winner has been verified.
5. JUDGES / JUDGING.
All submissions will be reviewed and winners will be determined by a committee of experts and professionals at Logitech (“Judges”). Judges will select finalists and/or winners based on the creativity, originality and level of enthusiasm of their submission.
6. PRIZE AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Winners are eligible to receive one of the following prizes:
Logitech AnyAngle – $59.99
A total of four (4) prizes will be awarded. (Total SRV USD $239.96)
7. LICENSE GRANT: You retain all of your ownership rights in your submissions, however, with each submission of story, photo and/or video to this Promotion, you grant Logitech and its affiliates a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, fully-paid, sub-licenseable and transferable license to use, adapt, modify, publish, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, and perform your story, photo and/or video submissions, in whole or in part, in connection with this Promotion and in connection with the marketing, advertising and promotion of any and all Logitech products. Logitech may also use your story, photo and/or video to promote and/or redistribute part or all in connection with (i) retail marketing efforts including trade show booths, catalogs, mailers, point of purchase or other store displays; and (ii) e-commerce efforts including the Logitech website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels, including but not limited to Amazon.com and Logitech channels via social media websites such as YouTube.
Additional Requirements: Your graphics, images, video, story, etc. (collectively “material(s)”) must be original. Furthermore, you agree not to: (i) submit any portion of your material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant Logitech all of the license rights granted herein; (ii) submit materials that contains false information or misrepresentations that could damage Logitech or any third party; (iii) submit any portion of your material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate, as deemed by Logitech in its sole discretion; (iv) submit advertisements or solicitations of business; and (v) impersonate another person. Logitech does not endorse any submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Logitech expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with such submission.
Prize Restrictions: Prizes are not transferable or refundable, must be accepted as awarded and cannot be resold for profit. No cash equivalent or alternative product or prize will be made available; provided, however, that Logitech reserves the right to, without any prior notice and at any time, replace with a similar product or the latest release of a product of the same category. Federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the Winners. If required by law, Sponsor will issue a 1099_MISC to each Winner for the value of Prize.
8. BINDING EFFECT. By submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. All federal, state and local laws apply.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION Logitech’s decisions are final on all matters related to this Promotion. Logitech and its Promotion Parties are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, delayed or garbled applications or emails, incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, including but not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, so are or any combination thereof.
Only the fully completed online application will be accepted. All applications submitted become the property of Logitech. Logitech reserves the right, without prior notice, to terminate this Promotion, in whole or in part, or modify this Promotion in any way, and for any reason, including without limitation, if Logitech determines in its sole discretion, that fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Logitech’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Promotion. Logitech reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the application or voting process or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Logitech reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Logitech’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
By participating in this Promotion, participant releases and agrees to hold harmless Logitech and its Promotion Parties from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (misuse), or failure to use any matters arising out of or relating to this Promotion or any prize.
10. PUBLICITY RELEASE. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize shall constitute the Winner’s agreement with Logitech may to use their name, address, voice, likeness and prize information for promotional purposes without further payment or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
12. SPONSOR. The Promotion is sponsored by Logitech with North America headquarter offices at 7600 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560, USA.
13. LIST OF WINNERS. Winner(s) may be announced on Logitech social media outlets, however, you may also receive a list of the winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Jessica Monney, Public Relations Manager at Sponsor’s address no later than 60 days from end date of the Promotion Period. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
14. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, other than the administration of the Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a court having competent jurisdiction located in Alameda County, California, U.S.A.; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will registrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and registrant hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Logitech or Ultimate Ears in connection with the promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.