LOGITECH G PAX PRIME 2013 GIVEAWAY [#SCIENCEWINS] (“PROMOTION”) OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OFFER VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The promotion is open to people 18 years of age or older (as of the date of entry) residing in the 50 United States and countries of Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Australia, Hong Kong, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Japan, India and Canada (excluding Province of Québec and any jurisdiction where participation would be unlawful). The officers, directors, and employees of Logitech G and its parent company, and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies (“Logitech”) and all advertising, promotion and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Promotion (collectively the “Promotion Parties”) and immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. The Promotion begins on August 30, 2013 at 10AM, PDT and ends on September 2, 2013 at 5PM, PDT. (“Promotion Period”). Entries will be accepted through the Promotion Period.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
If you haven’t already, you will need to create a Twitter account (additional terms and conditions apply). Visit www.twitter.com to request membership. To enter you will need to (1) follow @Logitech on Twitter, (2) tweet or retweet using the hashtag #ScienceWins (3) complete the winner affidavit form if you are selected as a winner. Your information will be used to contact you, if you are a winner. Users can submit as many entries as they wish, but only their first entry per day will be considered an ‘official’ entry. Winner will only be able to win one (1) prize.
4. PROMOTION PERIOD AND SELECTION OF WINNER. Promotion dates for the LOGITECH G PAX CONFERENCE GIVEAWAY #SCIENCEWINS are AUGUST 30 – SEPTEMBER 2, 2013. “Logitech G” Twitter followers will be drawn as follows:
LOGITECH G PAX CONFERENCE GIVEAWAY #SCIENCEWINS: Ten (10) Logitech G Twitter follower will be randomly drawn from the eligible entries received by Twitter every day between August 30 – September 2, 2013. In the event you have already received a prize during this current Promotion Period and/or during any Logitech G sponsored promotion (including sweepstakes or contests) on Twitter within the last twelve consecutive months from this Promotion Period start date, Logitech G will draw another name as the winner. Winners will be publicly announced via Logitech G and Logitech social media outlets.
Potential winners who are residents of Canada must also correctly answer a limited-timed mathematical question that shall be administered during email communications. Odds of winning in the drawing depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. PRIZE AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS.
Winners will be eligible to receive one of the following Logitech products:
Logitech® G240 Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad or Logitech® G440 Hard Gaming Mouse Pad. A total of 40 (forty) prizes will be awarded (total SRV US$799.60 – $999.60).
Prize Restrictions: Prizes are not transferable or refundable, must be accepted as awarded and cannot be resold for profit. No cash equivalent or alternative product or prize will be made available; provided, however, that Logitech reserves the right to, without any prior notice and at any time, replace with a similar product or the latest release of a product of the same category. Federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the Winners. If required by law, Sponsor will issue a 1099_MISC to each Winner for the value of Prize.
6. BINDING EFFECT. By submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. All federal, state and local laws apply.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION Logitech’s decisions are final on all matters related to this Promotion. Logitech and its Promotion Parties are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, delayed or garbled applications or emails, incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, including but not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, so are or any combination thereof.
Only the fully completed online application will be accepted. All applications submitted become the property of Logitech. Logitech reserves the right, without prior notice, to terminate this Promotion, in whole or in part, or modify this Promotion in any way, and for any reason, including without limitation, if Logitech determines in its sole discretion, that fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Logitech’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Promotion. Logitech reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the application or voting process or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Logitech reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Logitech’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
By participating in this Promotion, participant releases and agrees to hold harmless Logitech and its Promotion Parties from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (misuse), or failure to use any matters arising out of or relating to this Promotion or any prize.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize shall constitute the Winner’s agreement with Logitech to use their name, address, voice, likeness and prize information for promotional purposes without further payment or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
10. SPONSOR. The Promotion is sponsored by Logitech with North America headquarter offices at 7600 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560, USA.
11. LIST OF WINNERS. Winner(s) may be announced on Logitech social media outlets, however, you may also receive a list of the winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Logitech, Public Relations Manager at Sponsor’s address no later than 60 days from end date of the Promotion Period. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
12. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, other than the administration of the Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a court having competent jurisdiction located in Alameda County, California, U.S.A.; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will registrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and registrant hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Logitech or Ultimate Ears in connection with the promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.