Happy Fat Tuesday to our loyal blog readers! We all love an excuse to have a good time, and what better reason than one of the biggest celebrations across the globe?
The most famous Mardi Gras and Carnival festivities are held in New Orleans, Rio de Janeiro, Nice, France and Cologne, Germany, and lively music is a key component of these celebrations. Each festival can range anywhere from a day to a week-long celebration and entertains with music unique to its region. Traditional sounds from the guitar, flute and piano fill the ears of dancers in colorful facemasks during Carnival in Venice, Italy, while bands, or “murgas,” in the Canary Islands create songs with ironic lyrics about current happenings in Spain.
At Logitech, we love music. With a whole line of iPod docking stations, Bluetooth boomboxes, Ultimate Ears headphones and more, we’re always ready to pump up the volume and learn more about music from around the world.
Regardless of where you are today, celebrate Fat Tuesday with this festive playlist, brought to you by Logitech:
1. Explode Coração – Salgueiro
2. Bourbon Street Parade – Louis Armstrong & the Dukes of Dixieland
3. É Hoje – Monobloco
4. Dile Que Venga – La Lupe, Tito Puente
5. Minuet in G – Johann Sebastian Bach
6. Street Parade – Earl King
7. Le Jour le Plus Froid de Monde – Dionysos
8. Bumbum Paticumbum Prugurundum – 1982 – Império Serrano
9. Bourrée – Johann Sebastian Bach
10. Mardi Gras Mambo – The Hawketts
What songs will you be jamming out to on your Mini Boombox or Wireless Boombox?