The big news for Logitech in the weeks leading up to InfoComm was the announcement of Logitech MeetUp, a sleekly designed all in one audio and video solution with extra wide field of view and mic array to address the unique needs of huddle rooms. One other piece of exciting news came in the form of multiple announcements from Logitech Collaboration Program (LCP) partners.
Logitech entered the video collaboration market with the belief that traditional video conferencing room systems would soon be replaced by PC-based video codecs, and the market has clearly moved this direction. We created LCP as a way to offer more comprehensive collaboration offerings, and we teamed with Intel early last year to launch a hardware platform for PC-based video conferencing.
Today, four of Logitech’s Premier Cloud Video LCP partners offer PC-based room solutions (VidyoRoom, ZoomRooms, Broadsoft UC-One Conference Room and BlueJeans Huddle). Last fall Microsoft launched Skype Room Systems with Logitech as the first-to-market partner with Logitech SmartDock and Google ChromeBox for Meetings has been using Logitech cameras in its solutions since it’s launch. It’s a popular approach. We have seen PC-based video deployed across the smallest of SMB’s and the largest of enterprises as a way to enable video conferencing for everyone.
As we work to make PC-based room solutions better for our customers and support the unique demands of large scale deployments, we are excited to showcase new LCP partners and some enhanced solutions from our current partners:
- HP Inc. announced video collaboration bundles for meeting rooms based on the HP Slice and HP Collaboration PC with Logitech Video Collaboration products.
- Barco is partnering with Logitech to enable ClickShare in the Logitech environment to bring superior end customer experiences.
- The innovative Q-SYS Platform from QSC adds scalability and installation flexibility to the best-in-class in-room meeting experience provided by Logitech SmartDock and Skype Room Systems. .
- C2G now offers new cabling and extender solutions for Logitech GROUP in both PC-based and SmartDock environments.
- Ashton Bentley is adding Logitech Video Collaboration products to its innovative range of stylish, integrated, technologically advanced, presentation, and video conferencing systems.
- UC Workspace now offers support for Logitech MeetUp and a new version of Quicklaunch that will be incorporated into ConferenceCam Kit solution bundles later this summer.
- Mimo Monitors offers support for Quicklaunch 3.0 and other PC- based room solutions that leverage Logitech products and utilize touchscreen controls.
We view these exciting updates as the beginning of a new phase in video… as the AV and IT industries increasingly overlap, we are at an inflection point where customers are adopting PC-based video conferencing in mass scale. Logitech is committed to working with customers and our AV and IT partners to enable the next generation of video and collaboration for the masses. Stay tuned, as there will be plenty more to come!