Like the Logitech Revue, Logitech Harmony Remotes have Harmony Link built in as well. So you can add a “Watch Google TV” activity to your set up through your Harmony set up and you’ll be able to turn on your devices and switch to the correct input.
If you want to see how to add you existing Logitech Harmony remote to control Google TV, simply link the Logitech Revue to your existing Harmony account using three simple steps:
- In the Device Type list, select Video Recorder > PVR.
- In the Manufacturer list, select Logitech.
- In the Model field, type Revue.
Once you have Logitech Revue added, create “Watch Google TV Activity” log in to your Logitech Harmony Remote Software account.
Finally, enable your Harmony Remote on your Revue – Applications > Settings > Input Devices > Harmony Remote Controls.
If you have a Harmony Remote with a screen, once you’re in the Google TV activity, you can:
- Use the d-pad to navigate the Google TV interface and within the websites you’re browsing
- Access Home, Back, Menu and Search from the screen on your Harmony remote
- Enter text with the number buttons (with triple tap—much like writing a text message on a non-smartphone)
- Launch some specific apps like YouTube from within the screen on your Harmony Remote
Because both Revue and your Harmony remote have Harmony Link, they’re aware of what the other is doing and can keep your devices behaving the way you want them. For example: If you turned on your entertainment system using the “Watch Google TV” activity on your smartphone and you use your Harmony Remote to switch to “Watch a DVD,” your TV stays on.
Right now, only Logitech Revue has Harmony Link built in. But if you have a Sony TV or Blu-Ray player powered by Google TV, any Harmony Remote that includes a screen can give you the same sort of seamless control over your entertainment system.