Watch TV. Watch a DVD. Listen to Music. Play a Game. The Harmony remote software seems to have every Activity type you’d ever need, but occasionally, you may want to create an Activity that doesn’t fall into the predefined types available such as “Home Automation” for controlling your lights, or listening to a record player. Using the Harmony Remote software, you can create a “Generic” Activity. A “Generic” Activity is essentially a custom Activity. It makes no assumptions about which devices you might want to add to the Activity or which commands you might want assigned to specific buttons on your remote.
- Launch the Logitech Harmony Remote Software and login to your account
- Click on the Activities tab and then click on Add Activity
- Select No – manually add an Activity to my setup and click on the Next button
- Select Utility and click on the Next button
- Select Generic Activity and click on the Next button
- Choose the device(s) you would like to add by clicking on the Add button. When you have finished adding all of the devices, click on Save
- If you would like to have the Harmony remote set the device to an input when you select the Generic Activity, then choose the input for the device, otherwise select I don’t need to set the input and click on the Next button
- Once you have completed setting up the Activity, review select Yes, these settings are correct and click the Next button , then click Done
After creating a Generic Activity, none of the buttons will be programmed. You will need to customize the buttons in your Generic Activity. For more information on customizing the buttons on your Harmony remote, I recommend looking at Dane’s blog post.
Be sure to check back every week for more Harmony tips and tricks and feel free to send us your comments.